Are you planning to visit the city of Oxford soon? There is no dearth of Oxford tourist attractions that are vibrant and embodies the culture of the Brits. This city, which was more popular for its educational excellence being home to the city of two of the major Universities namely Oxford and Cambridge,. However, the beauty of this city that overlooks the River Thames is undoubtedly one of the other reasons for which the travelers think of visiting this city during their trip to UK.
In order to find out the best of Oxford the tourists have to find out the locations of sightseeing that can be covered during a trip to UK with Oxford travel guide. Lest us focus on some of the most rated destinations for the tourists:
1. St Mary Virgin Church: This is a place of religion although it is now visited by the tourists owing to its architecture. In fact, it is one of the oldest church buildings in which the design and architecture is synonymous with 13th century.
2. Magdalen College: A trip to Oxford remains virtually incomplete unless you have visited the colleges and the centers of education where you will also find students flocking in from different parts of the world. In fact, this is one of the oldest colleges in this that started teaching science to the students.
3. Christ Church Meadow: If you want to stay away from the bustling crowd and want to explore Oxford tourist attractions, walking along the river banks is definitely going to be a delightful experience. The lush green meadow is a favorable destination for the tourists and good enough even if you want to sit there and relax for long hours.
4. The University of Oxford: One of the finest centers for educational excellence, this university is also a place to visit for the tourists coming to this city. The architecture of the building is a visual treat and students from different locations come here to study is the oldest English speaking university. This place is in the list of must haves when it comes to Oxford tourist attractions.
5. Oxford Castle Unlocked: This is a recommended tourist spot that was previously a place for confinement and captivity for over 800 years. There is a guided tour available for this location.
6. The Botanical Garden: A wonderful place that can be located inside the premises of Oxford University and a place that should not be overlooked while exploring Oxford tourist attractions.
7. The Museum of the History of Science: It is a famous museum that is proud to have a collection of more than 1000 scientific instruments.
Oxford tourist attractions have captivated the mind of the visitors from he olden days and it is no wonder that it continues to do that even today.